Thursday, October 22, 2020

Options with the S&W Shield EZ 9mm


I’m a first time gun owner, but I’ve spent good time the range and rented some guns as well as shot some of my friends pistols which he has a good collection of. I think the one I liked best was the M&P Shield 2.0 in 9mm. It just seemed like my groupings were consistently better compared to when I shot my friends Glock 43 and 48 which he owns both. I also just liked the ergos of the shield better. Maybe I’m just not a Glock guy but I definitely respect the brand.So earlier this year I bought the shield EZ in 9mm. This was of course during COVID and stock was scarce, but I managed to get one, and I actually really like it. It shoots amazing, and even though I’m not really weak or anything, I do like that the slide is stupid easy to rack and takes no effort or even anything you have to think about. It almost felt like shooting a blowback BB pistol in terms of handling the slide and ease of loading rounds into the mags (although don’t get me wrong recoil was way more but still very low). And I was the most accurate with the shield ez.I originally bought it for home defense / night stand gun. But I started considering CCW. I have my permit even though I live in a constitutional carry state (AZ).. only problem with the EZ is I’m finding it hard to conceal. I’m a big guy admittedly (6’1, 260lbs). So the only comfortable carry is 4-5 IWB. The handle prints in a vedder light tuck. Which is a shame because the holster itself is actually pretty comfortable, but that damn handle prints pretty good. This is with my wearing 2XL shirts, if I wear a 3XL it’s too baggy, and even then it doesn’t really help. I can wear a flannel and then yeah.. it does seal it up and looks fully concealed, but considering I live in AZ there’s no way I could do that during the blistering summers here.Thing is.. I didn’t originally plan to CCW the Shield EZ. I still don’t carry everyday, it depends on what I wear. I know some guys will scoff at that but I’m pretty new to all this and taking it in. I guess I’m looking for some tips. It really seems like the shield EZ could be a good balanced gun for home defense and CCW. Should I maybe consider getting a shield 2.0 for summer carry or another smaller gun? Or does anyone have tips to conceal it better during the summer? Maybe do something different all together? Or just not give a damn and let it print? I know people say most aren’t paying attention.. but I look in the mirror and even my girlfriend (who fully supports me carrying) says she can see it when I lift my arms and spin around. But again we’re looking for it.I appreciate any input, sorry for the noob questions and insight. Just looking for some advice. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3ofC0ct

No comments:

Post a Comment