Monday, October 5, 2020

Didn't report a "misdemeanor" curfew violation on the background check.


This was from 10 years ago and being charged with being out past curfew, 10 p.m. is a misdemeanor (california, now applying in Texas); but I don't remember if it was reduced to an infraction or what class of misdemeanor it was. I was not arrested, police called my parents and asked them to pick me up. I paid the ticket and it was deferred adjucation so it was promptly expunged soon after. I have done TSA precheck and ATF background checks since then and nothing ever came up.​If I recall the verbage "have you ever been arrested or charged with a crime?", I put 'no', and continued on with my application. Now sitting waiting here for my application, I'm giving some thought to what they actually mean by arrested or charged with crimes. Does this include any infraction? What if an infraction is just a ticket in one state but a more serious misdemeanor in another?​I called DPS and asked them about what I should do, they said I can fill out an addendum supporting document but either way I shouldn't worry because if they wanted more information they would request it. Vague response, okay, but what exactly is NICS and the background check fishing for when they ask if you've been arrested or charged with a crime? What do they mean by crime? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2HZbP9s

No comments:

Post a Comment