Thursday, February 7, 2019

Wife Concerned About Me Drinking the Kool-Aid


Hey all,I'm not sure what the safest approach would be to this situation.My wife and I have been married for 2 years. I have never owned a firearm, but have shot pistols a few times. The past few weeks I have been seriously looking into carrying for protecting my family. We don't have children, so that makes the equation a little simpler. I have decided that I am going to get a firearm and get comfortable with it (I would like to get a CZ P10C).Last week at a church group we attend, other people brought up that they feel it necessary to carry. My wife, being very outspoken with liberal views, essentially said that she would rather be murdered than have to even touch a gun. I kept my mouth shut as I hadn't brought up the idea of owning a firearm yet.On the way home, I asked her how she really felt about me owning a pistol and eventually carrying. She told me that she would be fine in the long run, but started crying. She admitted she is scared of firearms (likely due to lack of exposure).Yesterday I brought it up again and straight up told her that I am going to buy a handgun. I asked her if she would be willing to take a basic pistol course that covers safety and live shooting. The safety aspect she was fine with, but said she never wanted to fire, let alone touch a pistol.This is a bit concerning to me. I have decided that the best course of action for storage is to have a keypad pistol safe that only I know the combination to. Where it gets gray is carrying.I live in Kansas which allows constitutional carry, but I will still take a CCW course. Even then, if I am ever injured in a car accident or otherwise, she may be responsible for the safe removal of my firearm.How should I go about this situation to make her more comfortable with having a firearm in the house and on me?Thanks guys via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2GwLI6T

No comments:

Post a Comment