Friday, February 15, 2019

Irony at the Liberty Bell


I was in Philadelphia for 1 night only, and my hotel was just a few blocks from the Liberty Bell. Don’t know when/if I’ll ever be back in the city, so thought I would walk over and see the bell. As I pass by the armed security guard at the front gate, I smile and say “Good afternoon.” He smiles back but then says “Sir, are you law enforcement?” I tell him no, and he asks me to step over to the side with him. He asks if I’m carrying any weapons (he was eyeing me closely and must have spotted the slight bulge on my hip), and I say that yes, I have a CCW permit and I am currently armed. While he was very polite about it, he informed me that I couldn’t enter the exhibit while armed. I asked what the reason was, and he simply said it was the rule. I confirmed with him that yes, we were in a National Park, and informed him that there was no regulation against it. He called his supervisor over, and while he was also very polite about it, he, too would not let me in. I knew they were just doing their jobs, shook their hands, and departed.Ironic that 2nd amendment rights can’t be exercised at the Liberty bell. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2S0uNvH

No comments:

Post a Comment