Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Does this solve the "bullet setback" problem?


By "bullet setback" I'm referring to this, where repeated rechambering of the same round might cause dangerous overpressure.I normally carry 9mm Federal HST 124gr hollow-points in a Glock 19 or 43, and ever since reading about bullet setback I've become paranoid that I have a ticking time bomb in my chambered round.I do shoot my carry magazine and the +1 every few months, but in between I might rechamber the round a few times. I could just never rechamber a round, and use fresh rounds, but this can get somewhat pricey quickly.So, I was thinking about doing the following rechambering method to avoid the bullet setback problem:Insert full magazine. Assume the top round has been chambered before (and will soon be re-chambered).Rack the slide but instead of dropping it, slowly ride the slide forward to chamber a round, making sure that the gun is in battery by checking that the slide is fully forward.Remove the magazine and top it off.Check again that the gun is in battery.Re-insert magazine.HolsterIf I rechamber by this following method, will I avoid the bullet setback problems AND avoid introducing other problems? Or am I totally misunderstanding bullet setback? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2PO8vfU

No comments:

Post a Comment