Saturday, March 17, 2018

Buy once, cry once. Hopefully this will apply to me [update]


Ordered a beltman bullhide with stiffener and stealthgear AIWB+ with the mag carrier. I have the buckle at 10 o’clock, the holster at 12. I have a Walther PPS gen 1 (love my paddles). Here’s my thoughts piddling around the house doing chores.Neutrals: Shoes definitely have to go on before the holster and my posture when picking things up will greatly improve. The ride height/angle is a bit weird for drawing, but I’ll get used to it. Or I could adjust it, dunno yet. I have to carry the +1 mag in the gun and the +2 in the holster because the +2 in the gun is really obvious. Like I’m smuggling a 1x2 under my shirtPros: Super comfortable. I could sit on my couch or in my car or in my office all day. In fact I hear my couch calling me now. The belt has that awesome new leather smell.Cons: I could go bungee jumping and the retention would keep everything snug. It’s like seriously tight. If I didn’t have the attached mag carrier to brace with my other hand I may brandish a holster when drawing. I wear 40 inch pants and they’re baggy, I got a 45 inch belt and even on the tightest hole it looks like I’m wearing a hula hoop. With the intention of losing weight I’ll need to downsize, but with my affinity for burgers and fries I may fill the belt out yet.Verdict: After 30 minutes of bending, reaching, and runway walking down my hallway, I like it. Probably will need a different size belt. Probably will adjust the ride height. After these minor adjustments this seems to be a setup made in heaven. Or a combination recommended by many people. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2GBJpgJ

No comments:

Post a Comment