Monday, December 4, 2017

The business we really need to exist...


So... I want to go to a concert in downtown Louisville in April, and probably will. I've done this before at multiple venues. The issue I face now is that every last one of the venues disallows all weapons (even OC spray).Because when I get out of a concert and need to wait 30-40min for my wife to pick me up, coming from the other side of the river, the thing I really want to do is stand unarmed in the middle of downtown Louisville.Have I ever been attacked down there? No. Not the point. The point is that the time I most feel an actual need to carry is the time I'm barred from doing so.We need a nationwide chain of heavy-duty weapon's check lockers for outside venues, from restaurants to concert venues, to theatres. If they're going to ban weapons inside, fine, I'm not thrilled with it, but I don't want to be forced to be unarmed before/after, outside the venue itself.This would likely involve contracting for the manufacture of heavy-duty, high-spec, high-quality lockers (preferably a bit higher than airport/bus terminal quality, although that would suffice), but also the rights to install banks of them on the public right-of-way outside the respective businesses. All of the ones I'm thinking of would only really have immediate access on the sidewalk outside.Why the living hell does no such thing exist? There's a tremendous and growing need for this service. It really frustrates me that there's no such option available.And no, there's no way I'm risking trying to sneak a weapon in with me. I've been to this venue multiple times, and they wand you quite thoroughly. Every venue owned by this management company does. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2APYPhj

No comments:

Post a Comment