Saturday, December 2, 2017

Review: Blue Alpha Gear Low Profile EDC Belt


A brief review of my new Blue Alpha Gear Low Profile EDC belt, in black.The short version: it's wonderful and a fantastic value. It's stiffer, lighter, slimmer and feels better built than a 5.11 Operator, which is my only nylon belt point of comparison.The long version: I decided to buy this because a) it seemed like a great buy at $30, and b) I wanted a belt with a smaller buckle. I've noticed that belt buckles have been really annoying me lately, especially when I carry IWB with my Sig P239 in a SG Ventcore. I love the gun and holster, but it's big and there's just a lot of stuff in front of me. So, I bought the Blue Alpha Gear Low Profile EDC Belt.It's about as stiff as a 5.11 Operator, maybe a bit more so. It doesn't have a piece on the buckle to lock the belt in place--the velcro does that. Because it lacks that piece, it's harder for me to cinch it really tight. However, I think some of that is also about how stiff it is, and I suspect it'll get easier as I break it in. Either way, that didn't stop me from getting it to exactly the tension I wanted for AIWB carry. It supported the P239 boringly well.The belt appears well-built, with no visible flaws, irregular stitches or rough spots. It's a bit tight going through the buckle, but the edge that gets threaded through is tapered, which aids nicely in getting dressed in the dark, or if you're especially clumsy before coffee. The buckle itself has no rough spots or sharp corners that I've noticed. Time will tell how the finish holds up. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2BFl4Eb

No comments:

Post a Comment