Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Single gun platform or multiple guns - Should I sell everything and start over new?


When it comes to your handgun collection, I have a lot of randomness to it. Some people like to standardize on a single platform for the best consistency when training, i.e. all the rounds you send down range through the same gun platform whether its a compact or full size gets better repetition and more consistency from your practice (some people who only have all Glocks for example).Thoughts on this? I've gone back and forth so many times on carry guns that I'm thinking of starting over with an entirely new dedicated "platform" so to speak. In my collection I have M&P's that I've had for years, Walther, and CZ 75's to name a few. I've had experience with good triggers, bad triggers, hammer fired, striker fired. Doing it all over again what would you go with? I'm seriously leaning towards going all-in with H&K LEM or something.I am thinking I want one type of gun that it's all I have to train with and carry, maybe P30 and P30sk for example, or USP or P2000, or heck, even Sig or all S&W, I don't know because I'm so indecisive and I've spent so much money on different guns over the years I just need to pair down a bit and simplify. Anyone else go through this thought process? Like, if you could have one full size, and one compact for carry, would you do it?Reason I'm thinking about this is because I have guns that I just don't shoot a lot anymore, or guns that don't really fit any particular role other than just a cool range toy. I don't have a ton of shooting experience with any single gun so I'm thinking about just picking something new and training the heck out of it and mastering just that one gun, and if I can get one that's a full size and a compact or sub compact, then I feel like the manual of arms will be easy for me to transition between something that I need for deeper concealment or larger gun for range or competition if I really want it to flex that way as well. Basically, a do-it-all gun. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/Q7pJ8yR

No comments:

Post a Comment