Tuesday, May 24, 2022

XS Sights


This will likely be a pretty controversial topic but hear me out.I first started using XS Big Dot sights back around 2010 when my father purchased my pistol for my 18th birthday. Pistol in question was a Gen 4 G23.After very little research I went to the gun store to buy some sights and have them installed and I got whatever was the cheapest which was XS Big Dot sights.I used these for several years and sold that gun and never used them again. I hated them. They were fast on target but I couldn’t hit anything past 15 yards because the guy at the store just slapped them on willy nilly.I took a training class several weeks ago and in that class included a force on force class. The sim guns we used in the class all had Big Dot sights. And I was immediately sold AGAIN. They are quick on target, easy to track under recoil, the big white or yellow golf ball of a front sight is perfect in the dark/low light.These sights are designed strictly for self defense. However they can be very accurate if installed correctly. Yes very accurate. Hitting a full size silhouette at 100 yards 17/17 times, accurate.The thing about installing them is you have to insure that they are centered in the dovetail as much as possible. A friend helped me install them and we just eyeballed it and they’re only off center by .003”.I installed them on my G17.3 and my G19.2 and it has reinstilled my confidence in using iron sights. For the better part of 3 years I’ve been carrying and shooting with an optic but now with the Big Dot sights I’m equally as confident in my abilities with these sights as I am with a red dot.If you have an older gun or a new gun with stock sights you don’t like you should consider these big dot sights. I’ve heard these sights being stated as an “analog red dot.” And I couldn’t agree more. Everything a bout red dots that make shooting easier can also be done with these sights.Thank you for coming to my Ted talk. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/Ezb6AYq

No comments:

Post a Comment