Thursday, May 19, 2022

How can I defend myself as a small man?

I'm 20 and I'm a pretty small guy. I'm 5'6" and I'm just a bit overweight at I think 190 lbs. Physically I am pretty weak, say for lifting heavy things maybe. I honestly hate it so much when people say that men can walk out at night without any fear, while I'm terrified of even walking out in the day time.

What I do is that I have a folding pocket knife that's around 4 inches in length on my belt loop. I know that it'd be better if it was clipped to my pocket for quick access but I honestly dont want to risk someone seeing it. What I've wanted to do was get some pepper spray and learn how to use it, then when I turn 21, learn how to use a concealed carry handgun. I live in Florida btw and the pocket knife is legal.

I have defended myself before from larger people back in high school, through biting them incredibly hard and punching them in the nose, but I doubt I could really be able to do that so some drunk 6'5" guy. I'm scared of having a girlfriend then someone tries to do something like beat me up in front of her, or try to hurt her. Especially since like I said, I'm literally a small guy and would have no chance against a large man, maybe even an average man.

I guess the best thing for me is start learning to box, since it'd be the best if I do have to fight some large person and I'm not gonna be able to take them down by wrestling.

I'm just so tired of constantly being anxious about my safety, especially since as a man, it feels pathetic and hopeless because of how weak I am.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Thank you.



Submitted May 18, 2022 at 10:44PM by Billymays76 https://ift.tt/UjkMcEf

No comments:

Post a Comment