Monday, May 2, 2022

Had a self-defense unholstering incident yesterday - Wondering how people here might perceive it.


Throwaway account for obvious reasons.I've been carrying for a few years now after getting my CCL, I live in the not-best neighborhoods and I don't drive due to personal issues involving childhood accidents. I ride bicycles everywhere / bus and I get around just fine between work and home and errands.Doing some errands yesterday with my partner, whom also rides a bicycle with me, we encountered a guy not paying attention in his car and not moving in parking-lot traffic. I honked lightly (I have horn on my bike.) he didn't budge so I honked again, afterwards I passed him up. Thought nothing of it besides another idiot on the road. After we get about 50 feet in front of him he floors it and nearly sideswipes me, I see him coming in my mirror and push off his car with my boot. He's yelling all sorts of crazy stuff as he flies past me, insulting my appearance and saying he'll beat my ass.He runs a stop sign, and is screeching his tires in a parking lot up ahead doing a U-turn. At this point, I realize he's trying to come back to possibly talk more shit. I stop at the sign, hesitant to keep biking. At this point, he has angled his car directly towards me and FLOORS it again, coming straight at me. I scream for him to not do it, and I draw my firearm and get my irons on his driver seat window as he is flying directly at me. As far as I was concerned, he already communicated threats, and was using his vehicle as a deadly weapon in an attempted murder, and I feared for my life being on foot / bicycle.I brought my irons up very fast, and was about to start firing, I even started to pull (thankful for this trigger weight) 2 seconds or so after I have my irons brought up he swerves and slams into a curb, and floors it for a third time and speeds down the road. I immediately re-holster and relocate to a safer area.First of all, I am a firm believer in only drawing a firearm in a life or death scenario and only drawing with the intent to fire. I don't feel brandishing a firearm is a good idea. But I would be lying if I said the fact I didn't have to pull the trigger was a relief. Obviously I am going to be anonymous, but I'm in a fairly friendly CCW/2a state (NC) my understanding of the laws from the classes I've took put me in a gray area. If anyone would like to share feedback or opinions, they would be welcome- only my family carries, I don't know anyone else besides them who do. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/1zojvya

No comments:

Post a Comment