Friday, March 18, 2022

update to how I really stepped in it, re: concealed carry at work


First, thanks everyone who read my wall of text, and took the time to respond. I appreciate it.​Yes, I am VERY well aware now of the benefit of keeping my mouth shut. I'm not telling any new people I carry, unless it is a direct question by law enforcement. Just not going to lie to cops.​Yes, I know my work is banana crackers. I haven't left yet because my husband works there too. He has a LOT of health concerns, and they have been very accommodating of letting us have the time and bandwidth we need to handle that. Yes, I have gotten plenty of invitations to apply through job sites, but they all seem to be even deeper in the heart of the city where we currently work.The city where we work saw a record number of rapes and murders in 2020, again in 2021, and on pace to set another record this. The per capita crime rate compared to the national average, is terrifying.​My bosses shall now be Clueless Carry, and Anti 2A.Had a meeting with Anti 2A, with my husband as a witness. He claimed to be "absolutely terrified" at the prospect of me carrying. (Someone he has known for 20+ years, and always says is reliable and dependable.) I asked him to tell him, with specificity, why other people could carry at work, but not me. No one has ever carried at Work!Remember when the pregnant lady was stabbed across the street? Yes. Remember the meeting the next day when were were all told that (now former) Coworker and Clueless Carry would be carrying? No. Well me, and all other long-term employees do.​After a few truly idiotic suggestions, we landed on Work will buy me a handgun safe to keep at my desk, and only I am to have access to it. Clueless Carry is not to know the combination. Clueless Carry had this idea that he might need to use my weapon in case of emergency. I'll let my husband touch my piece, but that's it.​Still considering keeping my pistol in that safe or a pistol.​But thanks everyone for helping get my thoughts clear! It actually was very helpful.​EDIT: I don't think I need to change my carry position. All bosses know is that I want to carry on my person, under my clothing. Which really doesn't narrow it down. YOU all know more about my setup than anyone outside my husband. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/Z2j0AnY

No comments:

Post a Comment