Monday, March 21, 2022

Learning Boxing for self-confidence?

My primary motivation for learning boxing is to feel more confident in general since I've had problems in the past with getting bullied, being shy, and having social anxiety. I don't intend to become a competitive boxer or anything like that. I care more about gaining confidence of being strong so that if someone tries to diss me because they think I'm weak, then I can easily ignore them since I already know I'm strong. I've already played plenty of other sports before such as tennis, but I still don't feel completely confident in myself if someone were to try to bully me

I've spent a few months so far learning the techniques for jabs, crosses, uppercuts, and hooks. However, I didn't get a chance to spar or block/parry much and I'm looking for a new gym

One of the gyms I took a trial class at focused entirely on defense drills like sparring, parrying, ducking, and light sparring. Only problem is that gym is a 30 min drive away. Another gym I took a trial class at is just a few minutes away. However, it was similar to most other gyms in that we just punched bags the whole time and there was no partners to work on drills with. Also, its a new gym with hardly any yelp reviews and the owner was really pushy in trying to get me to sign up

How important is it to learn to block and parry opponents punches well for my personal goals? Which gym should I look for?



Submitted March 22, 2022 at 01:18AM by thraway61 https://ift.tt/YO4mx0g

No comments:

Post a Comment