Thursday, March 17, 2022

reposting because I did bad cross posting, concealed carry ar work, am I being unreasonable?


Title typo: *at work. My weapon is a micro compact. Not hiding an AR anywhere... 😂🤣TL; DR My male coworker and boss can carry at work, but people had Feelings about me (petite woman) also carrying.ETA: I felt comfortable disclosing because last summer there was a company wide meeting where everyone was told, here is who is carrying. Let them know if you want to be walked to your car at night. No clue what changed since then!Last year a pregnant woman was attacked within sight of work, in broad daylight. Next day we had a company meeting. Co-worker and Boss would now be carrying. If anyone had a problem, see Other Boss. Because of that, and 2 other incidents within the next week, I decided to finally start arming myself. I have my concealed carry permit, took some classes at the range, got a P365XL, but I wanted enough practice until I felt I had a level of accuracy I was comfortable with. I didn't want to need my weapon in a hurry, and then miss!After 9 months, I was finally getting 6 inch groupings all day! Time to carry. I already had a belly band with a kydex holster. I was wearing it high, around my ribs. That way I could stand up and sit down a hundred times a day without anything getting in the way. Also, the way it was positioned under my shirt, no one could tell I was carrying.Told my Boss. He congratulated me. Told Other Boss. He didn't want me to carry, because other people would have "Feelings". He wanted me to keep it out in the car?!?! The Bosses talked. I have to do off body carry, and keep my weapon in a bag in my (unlocked) desk drawer, or not carry at all. Reasons? Someone might see my weapon if I had it in a holster. If someone has removed enough of my clothing to see my weapon, that is precisely the time to be armed. Second, they didn't want anyone else to get a hold of it. Ummm, tucked under my shirt is less accessible than an unlocked drawer. I absolutely was not going to tell anyone else at work I was armed. I just didn't want to advertise that. Also, I would never just whip it out in public!!!I'm not crazy here, am I? Also, Boss who carries, has never even fired his EDC weapon??? But that may be a whole other issue. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/W4Hb5sZ

No comments:

Post a Comment