Monday, November 15, 2021

Outted for the first time while carrying... at a friend's house who was secretly anti gun. How do you handle it? And how do you handle carrying at other houses?


So I had a couples dinner with my girlfriend's friend and her fiancee at their home in a rougher part of town.We are sitting in the living room after dinner and I get up to the bathroom and she asks if I had my carry weapon on me (my shirt must have ridden up ) and I said of course (her fiancee hunts so I figured she wasn't anti gun and she's one of the GF's best friends). She asks what condition it was and started getting upset and I ask if I should leave or what her preference is for me to fix the situation.I'm told to go to the bathroom and when I come back it's all fine and we have a quick talk on how anti gun the friend is amongst everyone so we get on the same page. I apologized but kept it on me the entire time.So after this experience, it has me doubting my previous mentality of always carry and keep it hidden. My GF suggested always asking people if it's okay to carry in their house going forward but I don't think that's the right play since I don't want to out myself to everyone we know.How do you handle this and how would you have handled it differently? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3cdlt4f

No comments:

Post a Comment