Tuesday, November 16, 2021

My shooting


Enough time has passed that I’m comfortable telling my story and feeling it’s okay legally. I’m not going to give exact details on location so you can’t see who I am or where I’m from. This is a throw away and I’m able to send verification to the mods.This was during the riots our city is next to a city who had major chaos. So it carried over.It’s about 7:30 about curfew begins at 8 and I’m inside paying for gas. I’m looking at drinks when I see a man with his face covered and hood over walk in and raise a handgun. He points it around and the. Focuses on the kid working the register.I immediately hid behind a rack and drew my firearm. I didn’t carry it with one in the chamber at the time (huge mistake) and slowly racked the slide so no one heard. I was carrying a Taurus spectrum .380, which I know most will laugh at but it was my work carry so I didn’t have a large gun on me and that’s what I had at the time. I drew and saw the people were out of the way aside from the cashier.I angled my body over so I wouldn’t hit the kid working the register and raised my gun and fired. I shot 4 times and he turned around and shot back while almost falling and running away at the same time it was weird and happened so fast.That was the first time ever in my life I thought I was gonna die, I thought about not making it home and it was truly the most terrifying experience I’ve ever had.He ran outside stumbling and I knew I hit him and there was a lot of screaming while I was partially deaf. I was so uncordinated and out of it after that adrenaline dump still going. The police showed up a few minutes later which felt like a century, and I put my weapon away and sat with the other customers hunkering down.I was detained for a few hours in the back of a squad car, they couldn’t bring me To the jail as it was too dangerous at the time to make it there. I was questioned and they pulled the footage I didn’t immediately say I wanted a lawyer. I just complied and said what happened. I had no fear of being sent to jail over this.I was released and had my gun taken. I was never charged but still haven’t gotten my firearm back. I hope to god no one has to use their gun defensively. One of the worst times in my life. I went to therapy for a while for the nightmares I had and I’m on the brink of being “100%” again. I also felt extremely undergunned with my pocket .380 with shitty irons on it. I since carry full size or compact now in a larger caliber and I make sure to keep one in the chamber.I don’t think I added the details of the robber, but I hit him once in the lower abdomen and he drove himself to the hospital where he was arrested. I don’t know what his sentence is nor do I care, I don’t want to think about that guy. I was truly scared for everyone in that store being shot. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3FkN0NE

No comments:

Post a Comment