Wednesday, November 17, 2021

IWI Masada quick thoughts


I bought one of these, and there don't seem to be too many users posting feedback, so here you go (shortened version)It feels good in the hand. Not quite VP9-good, but less blocky than the Glocks. Closest thing I could compare it to would be the M&P, but what struck me was the perceived slim-ness of the pistol. It feels very slender in the hand, but not in a bad way.Some people say that it "shoots low" - I didn't find this to be the case - the round impacted right under the dot of the front sight. People who say it shoots low may be aiming "pumpkin on a post" style, with the target resting atop the front sight rather than behind it.The trigger is good. Better than Glock, about equal to VP9, not quite as good as Walther or P320. Plenty serviceable. BUT - and this was the most annoying thing I discovered about the gun - it slapped my trigger finger pretty noticeably each shot. I've never owned a gun with "trigger slap", but I imagine this is what they mean. It stung pretty good after about 50 rounds, and was borderline distracting by 100+. Maybe this will clear up with ongoing usage, I don't know.The sights are SIG sights, so if you're inclined you can replace them easily.It fit in the same GLS holster that my G19, VP9, USPC/HK45C fits in. "Compact" size I believe.Price was about $425, not too bad for what you get. I don't do pistol optics, so I won't be taking advantage of this feature, but for the price it's a good value. I'd consider this gun a "poor man's VP9" without sacrificing any of the reliability. Slightly less stellar fit/finish, no notable loss in functionality.Anyone in the market for a G45/P30/VP9/M&P sized pistol might consider giving this one a look. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3wUOdIu

No comments:

Post a Comment