Thursday, February 4, 2021

Unarmed Robbery


Hey y’allSo the other day, I heard a story about someone I know getting robbed. Basically, he was sitting on his porch late at night smoking a cigarette when two men walked up and demanded his money (sketchy part of town). He complied and gave him the money and that was that. They appeared to be unarmed.Now, this got me thinking, what would I do if this happened to me? Before I get any hate though, I need to clarify that I would never pull out my firearm without knowing the legal implications of it. That being said, is this a situation in which it could be justified? Or are you better off just handing over the money?Personally, I would feel pretty threatened by two grown men demanding money from me. However, would I feel like my life was in danger? Hard to say. As someone that has had a lot of head injuries in the past, one good punch to the face could have life altering consequences for me. I’ve also heard of people handing over the money and getting jumped anyway, just the nature of rougher parts of town.Anyway, want to clarify again, would never pull a gun without being certain of its legality. I’m relatively new and just figured I’d do my research. For this case, I’m leaning towards it being unjustified. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2O4QRsO

No comments:

Post a Comment