Monday, February 11, 2019

What's your bare minimum carry?


My usual carry is a Kahr CM9 with two spare mags, or a G43 with the same. I think having 19 rounds of 9mm will handle most situations. That being said, I've carried a G26, a G19, and a Springfield XDS .45 on occasion, but the single stack with two extra mags is much more comfortable for me.But sometimes I want to slip something in my pocket and go. That's why I have a Kahr CW380. With a spare mag on my belt and the pistol in my pocket, I have 13 rounds of .380 on board. I have no doubt that will do the job. We all hear horror stories about how .380 isn't enough gun---but I like to play the odds. I live in Florida, so 11 months out of the year people are wearing a thin shirt---no jacket, no multiple layers. I also think nobody wants to get shot, and if the first two to the chest don't stop the bad guy, there's always the third shot of the Mozambique drill.I also have a NAA Pug and a NAA 22LR. They are backup to the backup. I don't think I want to trust my life to the stopping power of a 22LR or even a 22 Magnum, but I also think if I pull that little thing and shoot somebody they are likely to change their behavior. Would I choose to have one of them as my only carry? Not really. But do I think it's better than a pocket knife? Sure.I know a woman who carries a Ruger SR22 in her CCW purse(I know, off body carry is bad, but women like purses). That's 10+1 of 22----I bet a mag dump of that,making little tiny holes in organs, would incapacitate a bad guy pretty quickly. Wouldn't be MY choice, but nobody wants to get shot with anything, right? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2StOTnc

No comments:

Post a Comment