Friday, February 1, 2019

Mistakes and successes. And thanks to the sub: it was a success. (no shots or weapons pulled, btw)


Mistakes:Cutting the dude off (debateable, not winnable, reviewed the footage a few times)Then parking immediately afterThen rolling my window down when he knocked on it (all the way down)...idiotAaaand having an agitated and impatient tone in my voice and mannerisms when the dude kept going... Childish on my part.Not having my gun more accessibleSuccess:Immediately accepting faultAlways apologizing and never straying from it (except from tone)Never loosing my cool (I was so close, felt the rage set in)(Conveniently) Having a friend/vendor on the phone to listen in. Honestly I think this helped control the previous point.The scenarios that flew through my head were unreal, all in a few seconds:I saw that guy coming through my window and then the worstI saw him starting to fuck up my truck, and then me exiting my vehicle to confront him (stupid) and then it escalating, then the worst.I saw me driving away (not easily as I was head in)...could have struck him in the chaos, and the worst.Guys the options were slim and I've always talked my way out of things, this time again, thankfully. But the biggest component was this sub. 5 years ago I read "when you carry you are the biggest pussy, ever. When you win fights you lose. When you win arguments, you lose. When you lose verbals, you win. Because you didn't fucking shoot someone." I've taught that to friends and lived by that. It works. Try it when shit goes sideways.Better yet, if you could be in the wrong don't stick around for someone to make a point or confront you. Just continue on... via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2t15krK

No comments:

Post a Comment