Monday, February 11, 2019

I got flagged by a gun sniffing dog today.


So I carry daily and also enjoy target shooting, like I assume many of you do. Well I'm on vacation walking around with family in a place where carry is prohibited and I wasn't carrying because I'm a good boy and don't need to deal with being a prohibited person. It's been two and a half days since I've even touched a gun. I was walking and talking to my SO when I felt something touching my pocket and I reach down while looking over cause I assume it's either a kid who thinks I'm their parent or a pick pocket. Lo and behold I touch a police dog furiously sniffing my pants. I apologized to the officer and told him that I'd thought someone was in my pockets since I know interacting with any working dog is a no no. I was actually thinking the dog was poorly trained as I had no drugs or anything of interest to a police dog. The reply I get is "That's alright. Actually he's taken quite an interest in you, do you happen to own firearms?" Spoiler alert, I own many firearms. The officer really only asked me a few questions and I seemed to satisfy him with the responses. Told him I own firearms, was not currently carrying, when I handled one last. No pat down or search but with my clothes and a pre-existing suspicion it'd be hard to hide carrying. I did offer to let him do a pat down in the moment which in hindsight I probably shouldn't have outright offered. I really felt outed and kind of just wanted to move on.Anyway. I see "concealed is concealed" here somewhat often. That dog picked me out of a crowd with me not touching a gun in over two days like I was smuggling bacon. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2UTP5Zo

No comments:

Post a Comment