Saturday, February 9, 2019

Background check and firearm purchase


So I went to purchase my first firearm today. I got it all said and paid for and the it was time for the background check. Now I have a CCW so I didn't have to go through the whole NICS process but I did have to do the standard questionnaire portion where it asks if you're a felon etc etc. Then the address portion came up. Now, it had the option to add a second address. I am currently in college and live in an apartment. This is my second apartment while in college so i never know if I'll stay in the same place or not so I make sure to use my parents address as a permanent mailing address as they won't be moving anytime soon. When the seller came over to do his portion he got pissy because I put two addresses saying that I can't do that and that I can't live at two places. I explained that one was a mailing address. He said that "they' might come after you for that one." I laughed it off and he continued and said "you really don't want 'them' coming after you. It's not a pleasant visit"I offered to go back and redo the form and he said no and that he didn't feel like it (this is like 20 mins before they close btw)So my question is, can I actually get into trouble about all of this or is the guy full of shit and just a cranky bastard? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2MYIl9S

No comments:

Post a Comment