Tuesday, October 16, 2018

I'd like to get a conversation going between NON LE/Former military(particularly units that ran plain clothes sometimes, special operations, etc) and civilian CCW carriers in regards to equipment.


Alright guys, hope I don't offend or come off like an ass or anything, but I was talking with my brother about this subject, and recent trends in carrying. My background is ive been in LE for almost 10 years, been to several special schools, classes and general training. I've always been pretty big into fitness, firearms and generally just tactics and even equipment.Now as far as experience, not involving on duty incidents, I've drawn my off duty carry gun twice, once during a near carjacking as a passenger, and another when a subject across the street from an outdoor movie theater fired 7 rounds in my direction, ultimately hitting a nearby car of gang members. I was also shot in a mass shooting, but I was not armed.So one time I had my glock 43 in a basic iwb holster, the other I had my 19 in an Iwb. Now my question is, why do I see a lot of civilian carriers with full size guns, optic, extended mag, HUGE kydex holster with another mag. I can honestly say, I've never seen actually seen a cop or military guy in my experience carry that way in plain clothes. Isn't that uncomfortable? Do you actually carry those huge rigs everyday? Do you have a smaller gun too? What about summer time when shorts and T shirts are worn?https://youtu.be/IgdLAXPxz7w here is a vid kinda confirming what I've been taught by guys over the years. I never felt under gunned with my 43 when I drew it. I DEFINITELY didn't feel undergunned with my 19. Not being rude or anything, i'm genuinely curious. I'd rather see guys carry something small, than leave the huge rig home because it's bulky and uncomfortable. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2PECLua

No comments:

Post a Comment