Monday, September 10, 2018

My neighbor’s dog...


I was walking home from school this afternoon after a long day of classes. About a block away from my apartment there was a woman walking her dog on the same side of street that I was on. As I got closer, the dog turned around to look at me and his ears perked up. The owner noticed that the dog’s attention had shifted from the bushes to me, and immediately began to take up slack on the leash as she knew what was about to happen. But it was too late. The dog lunged at me at full speed. I knew what I had to do in that moment. I stuck my hand out so that he could sniff me and see that I wasn’t a threat. It didn’t work. After sniffing me, the dog started barking and growling at me. So I stepped back, and walked away. The owner apologized to me, and I told her not to worry. And then I went on my way. At no point did I even think about drawing my gun. In fact, it wasn’t until I got home a few minutes later that I realized that a few blood-thirsty members, or at least OPs, of this very sub may have done just that if they had been in the same situation. This is a good lesson in not overreacting and being able to identify situations when you are, and maybe more importantly aren’t, in real danger. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2N4kHwb

No comments:

Post a Comment