Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Driving into Canada unarmed


I wanted to see what everyone's experience was like entering Canada from the US.​My wife and I drove from Florida to Ontario last week, and we stopped at the border for your typical Q&A with the guard. She scanned our passports, asked a few questions (where we were staying, how long, etc). She then asked if I owned a firearm.​My guess is that she can see that I have a CCW, but not what guns I may or may not own (as Florida has no concept of registration). Answering truthfully, I told her that I did own a firearm (and gave/ was asked for no other specifics on quantity/ type). I assured her that any firearm was left back home in Florida (also true). She filled out a yellow sheet (that I didn't have time to read) and asked me to drive up to a spot to have my vehicle searched.​An under-five-minute search of my car was performed, where they found only our clothes and snacks for the trip. The guards thanked me and sent me on my way (after I reorganized everything they opened up and left on my back seat).​My question is: have any other CCW holders been stopped and searched at the border like we were? I can't think of any other reason we would have been searched. I'll also note that everyone was polite and businesslike. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2NJ6vIE

No comments:

Post a Comment