Thursday, September 7, 2017

Out of State CCW, Question regarding storing a handgun in a vehicle while visiting Illinois.


Hello, Long time lurker, first post here in r/CCWI'll be traveling to the Peoples Republic of IL this weekend, When I arrive in Illinois (near Moline) I will be storing my Handgun in the SUV for 5 days before returning for the truck for the return drive home.The truck will not be driven by anyone during this time, it will be parked.I hold a VA Resident CHP so I am good for traveling to IL through WV, Ohio, IN but my question lies in storing my firearm in a vehicle within Illinois in regards to how the law is worded.I will be traveling with my brother in his SUV (registered in his name). My brother does not hold a CCW, but would be legal to own said handgun back in VA (also his state of residence)I apologize for the long winded post, I guess the question I'm getting at is, is it legal for me to store my firearm in HIS vehicle while it is parked in Illinois for 5 days?I have consulted handgunlaws.us Illinois page, It appears as though its legal but I would appreciate a second opinion.I will unload / store said handgun in a lock box in rear of the vehicle prior to entering Illinois.TLDR, traveling to Illinois, is it legal to store a handgun in a vehicle when the owner of the vehicle does not hold a CCW in state of residence but can validly possess handgun in state of residence?FWIW I know this is not legal advice, I'm just looking for a second opinion.Thanks. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2wdtIpl

No comments:

Post a Comment