Thursday, September 7, 2017

Literally just moved to James Island/Charleston, SC. Totally inexperienced w hurricanes or flooding. Please review my bug out options and if you think I def. should.


Gentleman, I don't think so but is there any SC laws allowing carry in Declared state of Emg like Florida has? Plan is loaded pistol in center closed console as allowed by law, and a rifle in case kinda hidden in back and there is back tint, locked up if all good, case opened if shit goes ugly anywhere. Obviously hoping no problems and nothing needed. Got a couple large knives, and two small tac lights as well.Please help w my bug out plan. I literally moved to James Island 3 days ago, I think I need to bug out tomorrow night, or by Sat morning will be stuck, traffic, can't come back and must leave by then kinda situation....highways only going to go one way out etc.Plan A is two story house on concrete foundation in N. Charleston, maybe stay there Friday through Sunday if this girl allows (literally, we were supposed to have first date today, going to meet for dinner tomorrow night I hope, and I will have my car packed up ready to go is my thought). She has a big dog, and a shotgun or rifle too I think. Plan B is find hotels and camp grounds tomorrow in Columbia (or would Boondocking at a Walmart be safer due to less tree branches flying?) and bug out there if that is safe route on Sunday maybe. Do you think State Park/Campgrounds is a good idea or not? I am not a camper, but just got car I can sleep in the back. Might head to walmart tomorrow see if can get small inflatable bed to throw in the back. Plan C if it is safer direction is go to Charlotte if this girl I am just meeting let's me go with her to a friends, if that is the safer direction, what they say Sunday prob. Do you think this locations sound good, to have as 3 plans? And I should def. get off James Island tomorrow night??? Now that I got a car, I am worried about flooding and getting cracked engine. Even if stay in N. Charleston parked on a slight inclined driveway, still worried about tree branches slamming the car and through windows. Major insurance companies flat out said no new policies. I got one to give me basic plpd type coverage required by state so I can get the temp plate, but nothing covering any crash or act of god or anything. And it seems I got bent over on price, almost $200 per month, when last I paid for auto insurance in Cali it was like 88 or 98$.Literally just bought a car I can bug out in and sleep in the back if need be. Got into DMV just in time, and had to beg to get a temp plate to be legal through all this since didn't really have all the shit they wanted. Filmed up the gas already, got 3 cases of water, and tiny bit of food. I doubt it will come to that, but If literally get stuck somewhere if any looting etc happens like in N. Charleston, suppose could back sling rifle, and have big machete type knife at my thigh as a don't fuck with me sign. I am totally new to this hurricane thing, so yeah I am inexperienced.Thoughts? Don't tell me not to worry at all, it's not like I know anyone here or even in nearby states. I don't have my own house full of food, candles etc., I just got here 3 days ago, and James Island prob is bad place to get stuck. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2vQV3Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment