Wednesday, September 6, 2017

I drew my 9mm today, someone laugh/cringe with me since no one else saw...


I carry regularly and I am located in kansas which is a free carry state almost everywhere with no need of a permit, just legal gun ownership. It was very nice weather today so I decided to walk the trails out near a local lake, about a 5 mile walk/hike. The trail loops around and reaches its furthest point near the lake edge where you can kinda walk up a narrow path and fish or skip rocks or whatever. Prarie grass is about waist high and I can hear geese honking nearby, pretty common thing to not think much about. I start climbing back up away from the bank up this fairly steep hill where at times you need to literally use your hands to keep from falling or slipping down. As I'm making my way up this narrow overgrown path on the hill I guess I must have come very close to the geese nest with new hatchlings (I could hear their little chirps but didn't think twice about it). In the middle of my struggle up this hill 3 geese come running and flapping their wings out of the tall grass at me. One of them bites me on the calf and got a good amount of skin and another is like sort of pecking at my shoes. I sort of stumble and "fall" but upright on the hill so I'm basically laying on a vertical slant and one of the geese is jetting toward my face. Without hesitation I pulled my 9mm and flipped my safety off while also kicking one of the geese that was biting my calf in the face. About that moment is when they turned around and left. Really thankful that I didn't pill the trigger purely because I don't know how I would of explained that to anyone who would have heard it. As I got up I looked around, kind of laughed and realized no one else was anywhere to be seen. Felt like I had to tell someone.Tl;dr - was attacked by geese while hiking alone near a lake. Pulled my gun but didn't fire because they retreated and felt terribly embarrassed even though no one saw. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2j3eDVW

No comments:

Post a Comment