Thursday, September 7, 2017

Car broken into, what would you do if you caught someone in the act?


I enjoy this subreddit because it is full of (mostly) level headed people who seem to be honest and provide good advice. I carry a 9mm shield with me 7 days a week and hardly ever leave home without it. Thus I present this situation:This past weekend I moved into a new neighborhood in a pretty nice part of town. Last night we hauled our last load into the new place and went to bed. Currently, I am parking outside. This morning I open my truck and there is paperwork everywhere, the glove box is open, center console open, and my work badge is on the floor. I keep my truck clean and there would never be anything in sight. I also regularly keep my doors locked, but may have forgotten due to the repeated trips from car to house moving things. The only thing I immediately noticed missing was the extra magazine I kept strapped under my seat and a copy of the service records I had in a folder. Obviously the first thought going through your head is the harm you would like to cause the criminal, or "man I would've loved to catch them in the act". But honestly, if you did wake to someone inside your vehicle in the middle of the night (or day), what would you do? Obviously there is no justification of opening fire on someone in your car, but would you draw? Try and detain them somehow? Just call the police? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2wM4vV2

No comments:

Post a Comment