Saturday, May 18, 2024

Non-firearm front door defense…

We live in a very urban area. Our front door faces a busy street (it’s a double door.) I already have cameras and alarms that let me know when somebody has opened the door, as well as lights that turn on automatically when there’s motion in our foyer. Nevertheless we’ve had people try to get in several times, and one time, somebody succeeded (I ran down the stairs screaming GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE like a maniac, and the intruder ran.) Not believing that my sheer loudness will generally win the day, I want some kind of self-defense tool that I can keep at hand - something I can grab quickly in case somebody gets in and tries to get up the stairs. Firearms are not an option. Pepper spray? A blinding flashlight? Several friends have suggested a baseball bat, but that seems pretty iffy to me - not sure I could accomplish a solid blow with one in the dark, heat of the moment, etc.



Submitted May 18, 2024 at 08:27PM by soulbarn https://ift.tt/eqtMrJ4

No comments:

Post a Comment