Monday, May 27, 2024

Best martial art skill/s to learn post-fifty?

Is there an enjoyable to learn martial art post age fifty ie to maintain effective self defense skills?

Considering Krav maga, Muay Thai, jiu jitsu. (Already have an LTC. Not interested in carrying a gun, too less so a blade).

Used to be an adequately capable guy. I know now injuries have piled up, upper body strength is way down, conditioning is way down.

Writing is in the wall and I want to feel confidence in my ability to protect myself against eg a random average aggressive drunk.

So I stay with it I want to enjoy the learning process and gradually improve my stamina and strength. A former wrestler I enjoy competition.

Thoughts?



Submitted May 27, 2024 at 02:38PM by FormalOpportunity668 https://ift.tt/5RQzWOy

No comments:

Post a Comment