Sunday, May 26, 2024

Grabbed a knife blade

So recently in amoungst a bunch of drinking someone thought it would be funny or that he would try and intimidate me with holding a knife to me as I was sitting down and he was standed.

I had been drinking myself. I grabbed the blade and squeezed. He immediately realised I was reacting not how he wanted and if I can remember right it kind of just diffused itself with onlookers saying things, and I must of eventually let go, I'm not cut so he obviously didn't pull the knife out hard or try to. I'm sure he was shocked more than I was by me grabbing it. Everything was OK after, and only now I'm thinking if that was someone attacking for real how much worse that could have been.

Any thoughts on what to do as all I thought was grab the blade, and wait, if he didn't show he was playing around and cut my hand I believe I would of tried to wrestle the knife by exploding out my seat. But in reality he just kind of gave up after I grabbed it, I could feel that he was concerned about cutting my hand or escalating further myself, so I for better or worse loosened my grip and the whole thing was forgotten about.

Looking back, though, I don't like how I reacted. If this was for real, by grabbing the blade, I could have triggered an all-out knife attack? As surely, they wouldn't just show me a knife if they really wanted to stab me. They would just do it. But I just grabbed it and waited for his next reaction. He made me believe that it wasn't the right call escalating any further unless he pulled hard enough to cut my hand. But I'm now thinking I should have either not touched the knife and just used words, or when I did grab it, I should of full on went into attack mode. I didn't know the guy well and that he wasn't serious.

What's you guys thoughts? I'm a bit unsettled by the whole thing, knowing that I may have just gotten myself killed if this were a serious attack and not some drunk idiot fooling around.

I never believed in training knife defense, but I do believe that now I need to make a call with how I'd react in the future if I'm ever that unlucky. Talk and hope for the best or grab and fight. I feel like I didn't commit because I suspected that deep down, he was bluffing and didn't want to risk turning things real. But I could have been wrong. But it does seem like I lucked out in my decision this time



Submitted May 26, 2024 at 10:29PM by MxdMartialart_crafts https://ift.tt/VkEeZyX

No comments:

Post a Comment