Friday, January 12, 2024

Confrontation with ScottRail staff (UK)

So 2 days ago, a man was being harassed by a ScotRail staff member (ticket man) at the platform. The elderly man was being followed up and down the station, and sounded like he was anxious and generally upset that the ticket man was in his face, I mean 5 inches or so from the man.

I decided to step in. I asked the elderly man where he was going (as the ticket man was demanding he activated his ticket on the platform). The elderly man said he was going to a platform (which I will leave out of this) which has ticket barriers (so we know that he needs an active ticket to get through). The staff member then proceeded to step right up to my face squaring up to me in an aggressive manner. At that point the train arrived and we brushed past him to get on.

Today however, I didn’t have the same patience with the guy and when he proceeded to immediately flock to me for a ticket, I told him to “fuck off” and kept walking. He then proceeded to step right to my face, telling me that I cannot travel today.

Asking him to get out my way, and him stepping in my face if I stepped to the side, I decided to outstretch my hand and shove him out the way so that I can get on with my day. Keep in mind he was equally as aggressive and intimidating as he was with me previously. They thought they could delay the train, but as usual, it was a power trip.

This happened in the UK, and the guy was lucky I didn’t take it further with him invading my personal space and being aggressive towards me.

I would like to know what are your thought on this confrontation, as the same guy is probably going to be at the station on Monday, and if he starts on me, I will take action for my own safety.

I should also add, when I end got go into the train, the staff barged into me like some idiot.



Submitted January 12, 2024 at 04:56AM by Few-Structure7554 https://ift.tt/vsD1x8m

No comments:

Post a Comment