Saturday, January 20, 2024

Self defense for vulnerable bone density

I was born with a birth defect that required surgery on my upper jaw. Due to several factors this turned into three surgeries on the same area. The bone density is naturally lower now, and I have incomplete bone healing as well as some loose teeth in the front of my upper jaw.

I'm concerned that for the rest of my life I'm at risk of a complete facial collapse, an increase in chronic pain, more nerve damage, and lost teeth if I'm ever punched directly in the nose/upper jaw area. I feel like I will never be able to assert myself (peacefully) or have confidence in myself because I'm so vulnerable to even the most common forms of violence. I have a license to carry but don't own a firearm, and honestly I'm looking more for advice in general on ways to achieve a confident posture and physical health despite the uncertainty of the longevity of my facial bones/jaw.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What sort of training could I safely do to increase my strength and potential to defend myself that doesn't put my face at risk during the training? I'm probably forgetting a lot of key questions, but hopefully you get the gist and can offer some advice. It's been a rough ride and I just want to feel comfortable and no longer afraid.

Thank you.



Submitted January 20, 2024 at 02:12PM by Foreign-Guitar-8556 https://ift.tt/Wm92M7A

No comments:

Post a Comment