Sunday, February 6, 2022

Can’t decide what to carry


So I’ve been to the range a bunch of times now trying out different guns and honestly I’m pretty bad with all the smaller guns at this point.I’ve got a full sized .357 magnum at home and shoot it well, so I’ve been trying out snub nose revolvers (lcr and a few different j-frames) as well as small semi autos (G43x, G43, g26, sig p365, hellcat, smith shield, and lcr2) but I really need more practice before I feel confident with either.If I’m not naturally better with either what criteria should I be using to make my decision?Most of my range time is spent shooting 38 special out of my 357, so I’ve always got a lot of it on hand. And I think revolvers can handle the bulk reload junk better(?) so I’d probably get more practice with the snub nose. But I can’t imagine shooting more than a hundred rounds out of any small gun during a range day so I’m not sure that’s really going to matter.Fwiw, I’ve been most accurate with an lcr snub nose and a G43x semi auto. And when thinking of carrying I like the lcr’s lighter weight but I also like the higher capacity of the semi autos.I realize there’s not going to be a clear answer here but I’d like to know how I should be weighing my options and if people think sticking with 1 type of ammo would actually be a benefit, thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/a67K3Mk

No comments:

Post a Comment