Thursday, February 10, 2022

Accidentally pulling out your CWP/LTC when needing ID verification


For a new job I was called into the main office for paperwork and ID verification. I usually keep my DL above my CCL in my wallet but for some reason they were reversed. I pulled out the top ID and handed it to the HR rep doing my business. He looks at it and hands it back announcing, "sorry, I can't use a LTC for ID..." He may have even used the "F" word ("firearm").I was so embarrassed but also nervous. You never know how people will react to the thought of a gun, or the knowledge that you may have a real one on you. I apologized profusely, I was afraid he or someone else might misunderstand it as an under-the-table threat.Thankfully he was cool about it and said how he didn't even know it could in some instances be used as a valid ID until recently and didn't make a big deal about it.My state is thankfully pretty gun friendly in terms of the rules, but my specific location within the state is an anti- stronghold with a lot of anti-gun expats from bluer pastures.What is your story of accidentally outing yourself with the wrong ID? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3t76yWM

No comments:

Post a Comment