Thursday, December 2, 2021

Stupid trick or am I on to something? "Using "Streak" ammunition to keep round count.


So a few years back I bought a few boxes of the 9mm "Streak ammunition". For those of you that may not know, when "Streak ammunition" is fired they act like a tracers round and leave a red "laser like" streak in the path of the bullet, which really looks cool and make you feel like you are in Star Wars. The ammunition doesn't catch anything on fire or anything like that and it's a lot of fun. Here is what it looks like in use.After using it for some fun however, I thought about how it could be made useful as a signal to yourself in a tense situation to gain your attention of how many rounds you have left in the firearm. So I set up my EDC pistol and two extra mags (in the winter, one in the summer) so I have three rounds of HD, (or whatever you want to use) then a round of the "Streak ammunition", Then the rest is more HD (or whatever you prefer to use) till the mag is full.The idea for this is if I find myself in this terrible situation where I have to use my firearm for self defense, (which I hope NEVER EVER happens) I will have an extremely noticeable sign basically screaming at me "HEY YOU ONLY HAVE THREE SHOTS LEFT IN THIS MAG. Get ready to switch out for the next mag." Obviously you could put this round wherever you like, five more rounds, three, or even "Hey that was it, time to switch!!!"I find that in many conditions you can even see this red streak from the round during the day in many bright conditions. I know an experienced shooter will say you always need to keep in mind how many rounds are left in your mag but with your heart beating out of your chest, confusion, and else to worry about in such an intense moment it might just save my life.What do you all think about this? Am I a dumbass? Is this a cool idea?Obviously it's not for everyone and every application but I thought it was pretty good idea. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3Eh2dyY

No comments:

Post a Comment