Wednesday, December 29, 2021

MO permit messed up?


I just got my MO permit in the mail (Jackson County) and the entire process has been a total shit show. There are a couple of “mistakes” on my permit being that my height is off by a few inches and the color of my eyes is wrong, and most notably the “signature” at the bottom, is just my name in someone else’s handwriting. Is any of this an issue that’s worth pursuing, or should I just leave it?For context, I’m hesitant to reach out to them since the CCW office here is run by one lady who seems to absolutely hate her job and seems pretty incompetent. I called the office back in July to setup an appointment and no one answered so I left a voicemail. She called back and the second I answered she started berating me about how my cell phone blocked the Sheriff’s office line and so she had to call with her cell phone and make the number private. She then proceeded to argue with me about the reason for why I’d need a permit since we have constitutional carry in MO (I need it for reciprocity with other states since my UT non-resident permit doesn’t cover some states that I frequent). As I’m explaining all this, she starts demanding that my UT permit doesn’t mean anything in MO (it does, but that was irrelevant anyway), and was all but refusing to let me make an appointment. Finally, she explains that appointments are 3-4 months out, done on paper, and can’t be made until you’ve already taken your required class (which seems asinine to me, but I agree anyway). I take the class a week later and the instructor happens to be a deputy at the Sheriff’s office and agrees that the lady in the office sucks. Fast forward 4 months and I finally get a call (from a much kinder, receptionist) to schedule my appointment, so I schedule the earliest date available. I go in with everything I need, and the not so nice lady from before comes out of her office (the door of which is plastered with signs that says things like “if your phone rings your appointment will be immediately canceled” and “no food or drink or your appointment will be canceled”) and pretty rudely demands all of my required paperwork one-by-one while I’m just standing in the lobby, and then tries to tell me that the class certificate I have is fake because the instructor didn’t write some number on it that was supposed to be there. I point out that it was taught by a deputy there and offer to call him and she reluctantly says “no, it’s fine”. She disappears into her office for a while and eventually comes out to get me so she can fingerprint me. When everything’s all done I ask if the permit will be mailed or what once the background check is approved, and she says they have 45 days to complete the background check and that they’ll mail it out once complete. I ask if there’s any way that I could pick it up instead since I’m going on vacation soon and would like to bring the permit with me if possible, and she (surprisingly) agrees and takes down my phone number to call me once it’s ready. Fast forward another week and it’s the day before I leave for vacation, so I call and ask if my background check has gone through yet and she doesn’t even check but just says “they have 45 days”, so I’m like yes I know that, I want to know if it’s done now so that I can come pick it up. Sure enough it’s been approved and she says that they mailed it out (opposite of what I asked for, but at this point it’s whatever). Fast forward 2 more weeks (no idea why it took 2 full weeks to mail a letter about 10 miles away) and my permit finally arrived in the mail today. I manage to remove it from the mess of scotch tape attaching it to my application, and notice that the lamination on the front is totally misaligned so the bottom portion of the card is uncovered, and there’s some laminate hanging off the top. I trim that down and it’s whatever, but then I notice that my height is incorrect, my eye color is incorrect, and my signature at the bottom is not my signature or even my handwriting, but is just my full name with middle initial in someone else’s handwriting. I would LOVE to never have to deal with that lady again, so I’m hoping all of these issues are okay and I don’t need to call them to correct it? Curious if anyone else in MO and particularly Jackson county have similar issues, particularly with the signature. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3z8RnJw

No comments:

Post a Comment