Friday, December 24, 2021

CCW Purchase - Need Input


So I’m looking to purchase my first CCW. Was recommended to get a 9 mm and so shot a bunch of rentals. Glock 43 was nice but I also liked the S&W M&P Shield. Then continued to have more discussions with friends and family about why people carry a 380… concealment. I researched this and held a lot of pistols, examined sizes, etc. I landed on the LCP2 and LCP Max. Went to the range and tried these but the range guy also had me try the Sig P238. Whereas, I liked the LCP2 second, I was crazy accurate with the P238. Amazing in the hand. Less snappy. Slide was buttery smooth. Super thin gun. The Max offers a lot but it was much larger in the pocket due to grip thickness. I put each unloaded in my pocket to test. Further, the P238 extended mag (7 rounds) gave all three fingers a home. I was blown away. Why doesn’t everyone feel this way? In looking for a P238, I am now considering a Kimber Micro 380. The reason is both availability (P238 hard to find in black) and shear beauty of Kimber SS compared to the current Sig offering (2 versions where one is just ugly). I feel bad about buying on beauty but it’s $700 and if there is a choice with all else being equal, I want to like the look of my gun. Why not? Any opinions on this choice between these two? Something I’m missing? Looking to purchase this next two weeks. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3ppyLBV

No comments:

Post a Comment