Saturday, December 18, 2021

Legally defending myself when home alone (UK)?

Okay so I get petrified when my partner is out for the night. Every noise I am paranoid. I am a skinny 4ft 11 woman, with flare-ups of pain which can be disabling when they occur, who lives in a high crime area and know realistically I could not deter an invader from a crime such as robbery or fight off an attacker if that was their intention either, without the use of a weapon. UK law is super strict on home invaders, and arming yourself a weapon for self defense purposes isn't allowed, only reasonable force in the moment from what I understand. My question is, without the option of being able to defend yourself with your own body strength, what the hell are you supposed to do? Like what happens if I am attacked in an area of the house with nothing to defend myself with? Surely that's not equitable, am I supposed to just hope for the best and try and fight them off (so zero chance) or can I for example, keep a can of deodorant and something reasonable such as a kitchen knife/ scissors by me when home alone so that I could possibly stun and injure them quick enough to get out into the street, and call down help? Unsure if this question is allowed so will happily remove if breaks guidelines but well, when you're the size of a ten year old beating up or disarming a home invader isn't very realistic...



Submitted December 18, 2021 at 01:58PM by Littlelegs_505 https://ift.tt/3mjFj3b

No comments:

Post a Comment