Saturday, April 3, 2021

With having a CCW, scenarios go beyond just self defense.


So I've had my CPL for about 3 weeks now. I love it. However I realized being in a situation is a whole lot different than when it's in your head. Especially when it involves officers. This is how I got temporarily detained while officers were going through an investigation and I had my firearm on me.My parents live in a not so great neighborhood, and I tend to stop by after work and school to see them. My dad just bought some New York strip steaks and saved me one to cook. I go in, we chat for a bit and I head out. As I'm putting the steak in my car I see a dude walking up, turns out to be state police. I look behind him and behind him is a good 15 other cops running around the area. Apparently they got a call someone had pulled a gun out on someone. The other cops start looking at the other houses asking me who lives where (I know everyone that lives there) and the first thing I say is "I am a CPL holder." and the cop tells me to turn around and put my hands on my head. He confiscates my firearm after I told him where it is and asks me to take a seat. At this moment I knew I was detained but in no trouble. He asked me a couple questions about who lives where (really cool guys) and then takes my license and ID after they get a suspect and we just continued to chat. After all was said and done I got my firearm back, and my ID, and the cop apologized to me heavily for doing that and obviously I'm back the blue and said it was all cool then proceeded to talk about the weather and stuff. Turned out the guy that called faked everything on another guy and gave his description thinking they'd arrest him because they don't like each other.Moral of the story: Every scenario in your head is completely different when it happens. Be ready fellow carriers. Even though I wasn't in any danger, I feel we talk about the times we are in danger but never when we are in a position where we have to deal with officers which in my eyes is still a scenario we want to be ready for especially when you're new to carrying. All we think about is printing and defending yourself. We want both parties to feel safe and comfortable especially the good guys in law enforcement. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3rOGabM

No comments:

Post a Comment