Monday, April 5, 2021

Today I was reminded of why we always check for a loaded chamber when handling a firearm.


Hey all, I’m gonna fall on my sword here just to remind you all, it’s impossible to be overly safe when handling an instrument that can kill you or somebody else.So I recently decided to do some switching around of my everyday carry pistol. I’ve been carrying a Glock 19 for a bit now but decided to go back to the Sig P320 and to swap out my x compact frame for an x carry frame.So while I had a free moment while working from home, (this was my first mistake, if you’re gonna be doing something gun-related, be 100% focused on the task) I switched out the frames and took the magazine out of my Glock while it was still in the holster (another bad mistake), to transfer the ammo to my Sig mag. Loaded up the Sig and chambered a round. And I nearly put the Glock back into my gun safe, unholstered.Before doing so, out of habit I racked the slide and holy shit, a live round flies outta the chamber. It took me a second to realize what I’d almost just done.I’d totally forgotten that there was still a live round in the Glock’s chamber and I’d almost just tossed it back into my gun safe unholstered. I wasn’t 100% focused and was trying to get back to work and I nearly did something very stupid.Thankfully nothing bad happened but it was a sobering reminder of why it’s so important to practice solid safety fundamentals and that my situation is a perfect example of how dangerous an “unloaded or empty gun” can still be.Bound to catch some hell for my moment of carelessness, but I don’t want anything bad to happen to any of you either. Stay safe ya’ll. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3cUcNRs

No comments:

Post a Comment