Monday, April 5, 2021

I need help understanding the law regarding guns on school grounds. Specifically, in Alabama.


There seems to be a lot of uncertainty on how this works. Can a concealed carry licensee have a firearm in their vehicle on school property or not? Here is my confusion:Every search on the subject refers me to this portion of state law: Alabama AG gun lawsI see nothing which would prohibit carrying on school property unless at an athletic event. What’s more, THIS from the state court system.pdf) seems to indicate that it’s only an issue if you have “intent to do bodily harm”.However, I often hear people insist that it is illegal to carry on any portion of K-12 grounds. Articles like THIS ONE from a reputable local source seem to back up that it is not legal. They include some info from the AG.TLDR: Am I risking a felony if I have my pistol in the center console when I pick my kid up from school? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3fJ471P

No comments:

Post a Comment