Wednesday, April 7, 2021

How to discuss with Parents about owning a gun?


This may or may not seem like a stupid question but nonetheless I figured I’d ask it here.I have recently started my own handgun journey after being raised in a household that didn’t have any guns. It’s not necessarily that gun are bad but it just wasn’t something that was done in my childhood home. Fast forward to now, I live on my own and my Mom lives states away.Anyway I went ahead and bought a Canik TP9SA as my first gun and my eventual conceal carry weapon. Being that I’m a new gun owner I’m not in an immediate rush to get a CCW I want to take a basic pistol course and probably get some range practice in.Nonetheless less I got the handgun and now I’m on an ammo stockpile mission, I have 450 rounds right now.So back to the original predicament. My mom is coming to help me move in a few weeks and inevitably my gun is going to come up. I’ve got all this ammo and obviously a handgun. So I’m not sure how to really being this up to her. I don’t necessarily think she is against gun ownership as her father and grandfather used to shoot guns but I’m unsure how she will feel about me owning one.I’m 26 and obviously can do what I want in this regard but if anyone has been in a similar predicament I’d like your thoughts. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3cXtont

No comments:

Post a Comment