Tuesday, April 6, 2021

First EDC/CCW selection help. Glock 45 vs Sig P320 X-Carry


I turn 21 here soon (ish) and as of late I've started looking for what my future CCW will be as that's how I want to celebrate my birthday... unlike the rest of my generation, I'm more excited for the guns than the alcohol.I have been into guns for years, from Airsoft to video games to occasionally shooting my families slew of firearms like my dad's Gen 3 G17 (Growing up in a pretty blue state meant I didn't really get into guns until a couple of years ago).Part of me is partial to Glock as that's what I know and have shot, but I also feel like Glock's lack of innovation with their 5th Generation (while I do think its their best) is a little disappointing when they have major competitors like SIG or M&P. Getting a ~$600 gun and then having to immediately change out those craptastic plastic irons and then getting it milled for a red dot (if I don't get the MOS, as I've also seen that to be lack luster), its getting expensive pretty quick... Versus the P320 which comes with a platform for mounting optics and has metal sights out of the box. Not to mention everyone seems to say its trigger is one of the best factory triggers on the market. But the SIG has a much higher height over bore (but once you get used to it, it doesn't really matter ig), to my knowledge you can only mount their Romeo 1 on it (correct me if I'm wrong though) as I like the Holosun 507c more, being newer to the gun scene, magazines and aftermarket parts are more expensive and the system as a whole doesn't have that Glock reliability that everyone knows about. Another small problem I have with SIG is that they discontinued the X-Carry a while ago (obv for the civilian version of the M17/18 and addition of the FCU and they still have the conversion kit), where Glocks are dam near everywhere. Another plus for Glocks, for me, is people like Lucas Botkin, LE and MP worldwide or [insert gun nut here] swear by Glock and with the millions of rounds they've shot, they know what they're talking about.Needless to say, I'm stuck between the Glock 45 and the Sig P320 X-Carry as both are great weapons and I know both sides have their die hard fans, while I'd prefer responses from people with actual experience with either or both, anything helps.Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with anything as I'm still learning and add anything else to my pro/cons list that may sway me one way or another.Also, needless to say, I am aware these are larger guns (maybe not CCW size), but I like the increased capacity and the larger grip as I feel like I get a better hold on the weapon. I also plan on carrying appendix (AIWB). via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2PFyhsm

No comments:

Post a Comment