Thursday, February 18, 2021

Situational Awareness Without Looking Paranoid


Like many I got into the CCW club during the pandemic so I never gave much thought into being actively self aware of my surroundings.Today I was in the grocery store standing in line doing the 6ft thing. It was the customer service desk as they had it open for 10 items or less.I set my single gallon of milk up, make some small talk with the cashier, and go to pay. I’m paying attention to the reader making sure the chip reads and I don’t forget to pull my card out.As I grab my bag I noticed an brown/orange blur in my peripheral. I turn my head and there is a guy that was way in the back of a regular line standing right behind me 6ft be damned. I thought quietly to myself “holy shit dude just rolled up on me”. He had on an orange trimmed shirt and brown hat so that’s what caught my eye.When I got to my car I thought “hmmm how did I let that happen?” How do y’all pay attention to everyone in your bubble without looking like a paranoid person looking everywhere? Was this just an anomaly? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3jZaXAA

No comments:

Post a Comment