Friday, February 19, 2021

Present CCW permit if unarmed?


TL; DR: Going on a school campus for work, so I'm not taking anything there. If I have an LE encounter, do I still give him my permit?Due to the nature of servicing cell towers, I inevitably have fairly frequent encounters with LE.However, my next site has some nodes on a high school campus, which given that you can get in hot water for a Pop Tart these days, I'm better off not taking anything there.With that, I know that you have to present your permit if you ARE carrying, but if I'm not that day... Can I skip showing my permit to keep things simple on both sides, or since I'm not sure if it shows in their records that I do have a permit (Halldon't need unnecessary escalations), do I still present it but explain that I'm completely unarmed?I'm hoping to get a general answer that works for most states (since this job had me drive across 41 states last year), but I'm currently dispatched to Minnesota (it is reciprocal) for the next few months and live in Idaho if that counts for anything. Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3uf5fzl

No comments:

Post a Comment