Friday, February 19, 2021

Not your average "help me find a holster" thread, but help me find a holster


Let me start with the biggest problem: I have lumbar stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal in my lower back).I've been concealed carrying for about 2 years, and my stenosis has been getting steadily worse. I don't think edc is causing it, but it can definitely aggervate it.Wearing my belt tight and riding in the car (even the 20 minutes to/from work) often makes my legs start to go numb.I've been using a thick, stiff leather belt, but not a purpose designed gun belt. I'm open to buying a gun belt, but I really need an explanation on what it can do that my leather belt can't.I typically carry at the 3 o'clock position. Appendix carry is out because it can be rough on your back, according to physical therapists. I tried 4-5 o'clock and I wasn't super comfortable and my Glock 43x was printing a lot.I have a Tier-1 T1-M arriving in a few days. I want something with a single clip because I have to disarm for work (non-negotiable), and don't really want to have to unholster (double clips are way too hard to take on and off without unholstering or taking my pants off, which isn't gonna happen either in the parking lot).But after reading a lot about people's experiences with the vedder light tuck at the 3 o'clock being uncomfortable, I'm worried the very similar T1-M will not be what I've been hoping for.Sorry for the long post, but I have a complicated situation with complicated needs.I'm open to other holsters and carry options, as long as they're easily removable due to my need to disarm at work.Thanks in advance to the community, I know you'll have some suggestions! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3aC8OHP

No comments:

Post a Comment