Friday, January 1, 2021

Undercover LEO encounter that could have been very very bad


This new years Eve my gf and 4 of her girlfriends went out to a nice restaurant, I volunteered as DD as I don't love other people driving and I didn't mind at all, as I wanted to carry. LCP 2 IWB at 1oclock.We eat, girls are drinking, we get in the car and I start to drive home when the girls ask me to go into a gas station and pick up a pack of white claw, as the party was set to continue at home.I park on the far right of the gas station, at one of the pumps. I tell the girls to lock the door, and I headed in. This is a fairly nice area in a vacation spot, so I was really not overly worried about homeless, beggers, or anything similar. I pay for the white claws, I give the man my ID, I notice a girl standing behind me in line and don't pay attention to her much.As I leave the gas station has pretty much cleared out except two cars sitting at a pump 1 away from the one I parked at. As I walk towards the car full of drunk girls, my gf reaches over and honks the horn a few times at me and everyone cheers as I got the claws they wanted lol.I'm trying to shush them, I get in the car, and I hand my gf in the passenger seat the white claws. As I begin to put my seatbelt on I notice two younger women, no older than 25, walking towards me. No reason for them to be walking in the direction of me and they're walking quick. One moves straight for my door and other moves towards my gfs door.Being it two women, I didn't even attempt to move my hand towards my waist, I just made sure the doors were locked and then watched them. Girl on my side, 5 foot tall, young girl, flashes a badge at me very quickly. I mean she showed me it for a quarter of a second.I roll down the window and she says who bought the white claw, who's in possession of them. My gf and I happily give IDs and she calls someone on her phone and runs them. At this point I'm realizing she's absolutely going to find out I carry. I'm in ohio where I have a duty to inform. I hesitated to inform immediately as I truly was not certain these were LEO. Probably my fault there, she definitely could have made a bigger stink about that.She gets told on the phone I'm a permit holder, kinda tenses up a little bit and asks me if I'm carrying. I say yes, my hands have been on the wheel the whole time and I inform her where it is on my body. She says I better not be carrying when I start drinking, and I tell her I have no plan to drink. She tries to lecture us a little bit about we better not give those drinks to anyone in the car if they're underage, and she realizes there's really nothing to get us on, and lets us leave.Okay so what could I have done better.In hindsight, we had 6 people in the car and I should have absolutely designated someone to begin filming. There's no reason to not.I also should have informed the undercover LEO about me carrying the second I gave her my ID. I possibly should have also asked her to call in a uniformed officer to be here as well, as the police station was only 1/4 mile away.Thinking back on it further, I realized that if these two women were two 200lb men, I very likely could have had my hand on my waistband when they approached the car. Thankfully I did not feel extremely threatened with them being women, and that ended up working out well in my favor.Thanks for reading and please give me any thoughts or critiques. Appreciate you guys. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/38RJsUn

No comments:

Post a Comment